PDA

View Full Version : In that case I should announce....

Filterlab
08-11-2008, 18:27
...Rob's Apple-fan-itis Club! (http://theartofsound.net/forum/group.php?groupid=1)

Get on there if you like Apple stuff, be it anything from the diminutive iPod shuffle tie-clip thing to the MacPro tower with a specification list that impresses Steven Spielberg's technical director. :)

My Apple set-up (just been re-organised with loads of kit hidden behind my special table):

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/SetUpr.jpg

Beechwoods
08-11-2008, 18:47
Tidy set-up! You should see mine. Not half as neat!

But Rob... that mouse... I'm surprised it's even compatible with a mac :)

My main system is a PowerMac G5 Dual 2Ghz, the first of the G5 series. Somewhat outpaced now, but I like it. It's connected to a 20" cinema display - like yours I guess. Lovely display. Of course I have an official Apple Mighty Mouse :lol:

I've got umpteen laptops around the house. My main one is an iBook G4 tweaked to get Leopard onto it. Mrs Beechwoods has a MacBook; used to have an Orange Clamshell until the speed (400Mhz or so) started to get a bit agravating for general use. We've still got it along with my previous G3 iBooks which still work but suffer from dodgy wi-fi issues and poor batteries...

I also have a Compaq PC which I use occasionally when I need to load software onto my Windows Mobile phone. But please don't judge me too harshly

:banned:

Filterlab
10-11-2008, 12:28
But Rob... that mouse... I'm surprised it's even compatible with a mac :)

Well after going through two Mighty Mouses within 8 months (they're the only bad thing Apple make IMO) I decided to go for Logitech. I use a trackball at work (an MS trackball) and they're just so much easier than sliding a mouse all over the desk, so I wanted a decent wireless trackball and the Logitech was the only one I could find. I have to say though it's a fantastic bit of kit, the feel and response are perfect and the assignable buttons really help (scroll wheel click operates Expose). Shame it's not white but ho hum. :)

Beechwoods
10-11-2008, 12:54
Well after going through two Mighty Mouses within 8 months (they're the only bad thing Apple make IMO) I decided to go for Logitech

I'm on my second Mighty Mouse too :o - they are a bit flakey. The scroll wheel especially. And the side buttons are too sensitive. But it's the only dodgy thing Apple have released. Well that and the mobile.me service :)

I'll shut up now or they'll send the Apple Fanboy Enforcers round for some 're-education sessions' :lol:

Filterlab
10-11-2008, 13:00
LOL! :lol:

The scroll wheel failed in both of my Mightys, other than that they're great, especially the side buttons which is something I miss. However, I'm pleased with my trackball. On the compatibility front, it was the usual case of 'plug it in and it works' as is the normal way for Apple. Soon we'll be moving to an all Apple set-up at work so I'll be bidding a permanent farewell to install shields and wizards and set-up shenanigans and 'end program now' and the useless task manager and anti-virus rubbish and freezing applications and files not opening and temp files and network issues and etc etc etc. I'm looking forward to it, as is my MD and my colleagues whose time is wasted on a daily basis trying to sort the damn computers out!

Hooray!

tfarney
12-11-2008, 02:32
I have an iBook G4 here, with a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and mouse. I'm very conflicted. I'll never buy another Windows PC.

Tim

Filterlab
12-11-2008, 08:51
I'll never buy another Windows PC.

Now that's what I like to hear!

There's no going back.