PDA

View Full Version : Tenors and Basses needed for Luton Choral Society

ursus262
23-09-2011, 16:13
We are looking for more tenors and bass singers for our choir in Luton. We are a tad short on male singers to be honest, and it would be great to welcome some new singers into our team.

The Luton Choral Society is over 100 years old and is a registered charity. Most of our repertoire is sacred choral music, and in 2012 we are singing the African Sanctus with a multimedia presentation. It's bound to be exciting. At the moment we are rehearsing for Bach's Christmas Oratorio which we will be performing in Luton in December.

For more information, please take a look at our website:

http://www.lutonchoralsociety.org.uk/

and we can also be reached on Twitter:

@lutonchoralsoc

Many thanks

Dave

Marco
23-09-2011, 16:21
Nice one, Dave - good luck with this :)

Marco.

DSJR
23-09-2011, 19:06
Lu'on? Where's that then :D

Did I really live there for several years in the 90's - and even met my wife at the Bird-&-Bush - hmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Sonny-Jim was born at the L&D as well...

And what any of the above has to do with singing in the choir, I have no idea :peace:

ursus262
23-09-2011, 20:18
@ Marco: thank you for your kind words of support.

@ This Tring Geezer: i understand you all have five fingers where you live :lol:

Alex_UK
26-09-2011, 22:49
If I could sing for toffee, and I lived a little nearer, I would be very interested Dave... Sadly, neither applies, but good luck with your recruitment drive!

DSJR
27-09-2011, 07:45
@ Marco: thank you for your kind words of support.

@ This Tring Geezer: i understand you all have five fingers where you live :lol:

Just about, but it was a bit hairy on occasion :D When I had to drive through Bury Park to get to the A6 southbound (quicker than the New/Old Bedord Road), you had to take your life (and that of the car) in your hands - "Kill or be killed" I think was the term... :eek:

ursus262
29-09-2011, 16:38
Ooh! That's a bit harsh!

I'll have you know that, as a Lutonian, I am very proud of my town

:spank:

DSJR
29-09-2011, 18:54
Well, someone's got to be :) :cool:

I'm spoiled by where I live - in many other ways probably. Tring seems to have shrunk for some reason - probably all those huge 4 by 4's and Mercedes' parked all over the place :lol: