PDA

View Full Version : Children in Need - lets do our bit

greenhomeelectronics
05-11-2008, 12:46
Hi Folks, being of a generous sort of nature (no, seriously) I have decided to do something for children in need this year, namely auctioning off a set of our Black Mamba speaker cables. I am sure lots of you have read Muffinman's excellent review so will know that these are serious cables at a very reasonable price - here is a rare opportunity to buy some and help children in need at the same time.

That nice Mr Toy (well he's nicer than me at least:lol:) has kindly allowed me to post this here so here goes:
Please post your offer as a reply to this thread, the highest offer at 12:00 mid day in one week - Wednesday 12th November gets them at the bid price. I will post at my cost on receipt of a cheque made out to "children in need". Only caveat is that I will post to UK addresses only due to high cost of international postage. There, it couldn't be easier, so get bidding and best of luck.
If you need to know exactly what I am offering you can see details here: Used Hi-Fi Shop link to cables page (http://www.usedhifishop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=589)

Dave.
P.S.
Hope this post is a bit more successful than my 'name the band' post. :lolsign:

http://www.usedhifishop.co.uk/images/blackmamba.jpg

Quote taken from usedhifishop.co.uk
A brand new and boxed pair of Sterling Black Mamba audiophile speaker cables complete with gold plated spade and 4mm banana terminations. Really well constructed cables that feature nearly 450 individual strands of oxygen free copper in each conductor. The ends are terminated with high quality terminals that have screw in spade or banana adapters, each pair of cables comes with 8 spades and 8 banana plugs so they can be freely interchanged to suit your particular installation.

These cables would make a perfect present as they come in a very attractive presentation box. I am not going to make any wild claims that I can not possibly substantiate but I will say that these are superb quality cables being offered at a fraction of the price of comparable items. One of our customers has written an excellent report about his experience with these cables, the report can be found here (http://www.usedhifishop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=7&chapter=0) The price stated includes first class post to any UK address, further adding to the extraordinary value that these cables represent.

**A little artistic editing done by Filterlab. ;)**

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 13:06
Very generous of you Dave, you are indeed a generous man. :) I take it that any proof of donation is acceptable? Some of us don't have cheque books these days. ;)

Anyways;

I will open the bid at £50.

Steve Toy
05-11-2008, 13:09
"Mr Toy" is now also using these cables in his system in place of Chord Epic Twin costing £40 a metre. So if you price cables according to performance the Black Mambas should cost in excess of £200 plus termination - say £300 all in. Given by how much they outperform the Chord cables in my system I'd price them at the £500 mark.

Perhaps its the excellent quality thick, layered insulation, the purity of the copper, the quality of the termination but the low capacitance/inductance and resistance design seems to work remarkably well with valve amplifiers. The net result is not the usual clichés of deeper bass, midder mids and/or higher highs -these cables are not tone controls. Instead they just deliver the whole frequency range with considerably more coherence and articulation resulting in heightened involvement and sheer listening enjoyability. In essence these cables allow the music to sing for itself without any inherent character being imposed upon it.

I wholeheartedly recommend these cables and whoever places the highest bid not only bags a real hi-fi bargain but also helps a very worthy cause.

greenhomeelectronics
05-11-2008, 13:10
Wow, thanks Rob, what a nice man you are!! Even nicer than Steve, by my reckoning :)

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 13:11
Wow, thanks Rob, what a nice man you are!! Even nicer than Steve, by my reckoning :)

Steady mate, any more compliments and I may tear my boxer shorts! :lol:

greenhomeelectronics
05-11-2008, 13:12
Ah, just seen Steve's post, you are both on a par in the "niceness" stakes. LOL
Glad you like the cables, Steve, we have had some very favourable feedback and are delighted with the overall performance of them.

Any form of payment is fine, as long as we know it has been made, I just suggested cheque so we know the donation has been made and the winner knows the donation has been to the charity.

All the best,
Dave.

Neil McCauley
05-11-2008, 13:44
Hi Folks, being of a generous sort of nature (no, seriously) I have decided to do something for children in need this year

Dave.

I've already bought five pairs!

But it's a worthy cause. I'll send you £50 - but I want nothing in return.

Happy to help.

Howard - the man wot posts under his own name!

--//--

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 13:53
Another generous man! We have some great members here, really top of the pile. :)

muffinman
05-11-2008, 14:03
I pledge 50% of what I get for my chord odyssey cables that the mamba replaced. Don't know when or how much but it's a promise

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 14:05
I pledge 50% of what I get for my chord odyssey cables that the mamba replaced. Don't know when or how much but it's a promise

When are you selling them?

Steve Toy
05-11-2008, 14:06
Ditto my Epics

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?p=707589#post707589

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 14:43
Why not simply ebay them? You're much more likely to get a decent price.

Marco
05-11-2008, 15:04
Indeed. And why aren't they also advertised here? ;)

Ahem!

Nice one, Dave. As you know, I already have a set of these cables so like Howard I will send you £50 as a donation to the cause at close of auction for nothing in return :smoking:

Marco.

Steve Toy
05-11-2008, 15:13
Ebay involves fees and paypal. I'd need to set a reserve and that costs.

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 15:13
I don't have a set of these and have bidded £50, I feel a bit cheap now!

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 15:14
Ebay involves fees and paypal. I'd need to set a reserve and that costs.

A couple of quid at most, and you wouldn't need a reserve on those - trust me!

StanleyB
06-11-2008, 07:05
I got a prototype of the TC-7510 with various mods, some of which never saw the day of light. The unit has a few scratches, like all good prototypes do. I was thinking of putting it on eBay as a one off and see how much I can get for it for CIN. I'll see if I can take some pics and consider if it might be a better idea to auction if off on AoS if there is any interest after I post the pics.

Stan

Filterlab
06-11-2008, 09:02
I got a prototype of the TC-7510 with various mods, some of which never saw the day of light. The unit has a few scratches, like all good prototypes do. I was thinking of putting it on eBay as a one off and see how much I can get for it for CIN. I'll see if I can take some pics and consider if it might be a better idea to auction if off on AoS if there is any interest after I post the pics.

Stan

Definitely mate, very generous of you. Man we have some quality members! :)

greenhomeelectronics
06-11-2008, 15:43
Wow, this is an incredible response, thanks to all for your outstanding generosity. Nice to know that there are still some really decent people in this world.
Dave.

Steve Toy
06-11-2008, 16:49
The Chord Epic Twin Cable has now been sold to Lefty of this forum so he/I have therefore donated £50 (half the proceeds) to Children in need.

greenhomeelectronics
10-11-2008, 08:44
Anyone else going to have a go? Don't forget the auction ends at 12:00 on Wednesday, Rob has them at the moment at £50.00.
Dave.

StanleyB
10-11-2008, 09:33
I am stuck on my offer. The item I wanted to auction is not producing any sound:(. I am doing my best to find what the problem is.

Marco
10-11-2008, 10:35
Anyone else going to have a go? Don't forget the auction ends at 12:00 on Wednesday, Rob has them at the moment at £50.00.

Hi Dave,

I'll send you a cheque for my £50 on Wednesday :)

Marco.

Filterlab
10-11-2008, 12:30
Come on folks! Up the bid a bit. I'll make this a sticky to keep it high.

greenhomeelectronics
11-11-2008, 20:37
Yes, come on people, don't forget bidding ends tomorrow at 12:00. Don't let "digital boy" get em. :)
Thanks for stickying it, Rob.

Filterlab
12-11-2008, 08:46
No problem Dave, let's hope we have a flurry of bidding in the last few minutes ebay style. :)

greenhomeelectronics
12-11-2008, 16:26
Oh well, no last minute bids so Rob gets them at his opening bid of £50.00.
I will Pm you later Rob with address to send payment to.
Dave.

Filterlab
12-11-2008, 16:34
PM sent! I really thought there'd be other bids but there we go! :)

muffinman
27-11-2008, 13:58
Thanks to pierre (member P965) for buying my cables.

I now have £20 to donate to the CIN fund
give me some details Dave and i'll get it over to you

Filterlab
27-11-2008, 14:02
You can pay online Muffin, do a googly search. :)