PDA

View Full Version : Is Hi-Fi Wigwam gone again...?

trane
08-09-2011, 20:26
...or it is just me on whose laptop it is unreachable?

Alex_UK
08-09-2011, 20:28
I can't access it Trane, but could just be a hosting problem and nothing sinister.

stewartwen
08-09-2011, 20:29
Nope it isnt just you................HiFiWigwam is moving its server! So should be up and running again real soon.
S

trane
08-09-2011, 20:40
O.K. guys, relieved :)

jandl100
09-09-2011, 05:43
How is it for you? :goodfriends:

I can't get there yet ....

YNWaN
09-09-2011, 09:03
Well it's working again now - so drama over.

clive7164
09-09-2011, 18:17
I cant find it and when I searched via google I got hifiwigwam.net which seems to be someone who has stolen the site from james
see
http://www.hifiwigwam.net/t176-remove-the-forum-now

Clive

Dingdong
09-09-2011, 18:30
Ignore that site. It's a bit strange to say the least.

Try http://64.57.208.79/forum.php for the moment until the transfer of servers is completed.

Thing Fish
09-09-2011, 18:32
Guy said he bought it legit...? Some sort of shit going down...!

Dingdong
09-09-2011, 18:44
It appears he bought the .net name. If you look really hard you might find some posts about hifi on there.

hifinutt
09-09-2011, 18:57
I cant find it and when I searched via google I got hifiwigwam.net which seems to be someone who has stolen the site from james
see
http://www.hifiwigwam.net/t176-remove-the-forum-now

Clive

thats the most evil site i have seen for while

Marco
09-09-2011, 19:02
It appears he bought the .net name. If you look really hard you might find some posts about hifi on there.

Hi mate,

Could you do me a favour and add your proper first name to your profile? If it's not on your signature, your first name should be on your profile - ta! :cool:

Marco.

Dingdong
09-09-2011, 19:05
Ok boss.

MartinT
09-09-2011, 21:39
Wigwam is up again now. I posted a little earlier although the login is a bit broken.

icehockeyboy
09-09-2011, 22:46
I personally don't give a flying f*ck if it's gone!

MartinT
09-09-2011, 23:01
I'm no fan, but there is a member there with whom I've been chatting about Shelter cartridges.

Reid Malenfant
10-09-2011, 19:03
I'm no fan, but there is a member there with whom I've been chatting about Shelter cartridges.
I'm in agreement Martin, i much prefer this place having looked around the Wam :) However there are some very decent members over there, i had dealings with one (thanks to technobear) & purchased a rather nice Oyaide IEE1394 cable. No hassle what so ever & the guy went the extra mile to accommodate me (paypal payment which he wasn't particularly keen on).

I think i just prefer things a little smaller & more intimate :lol: Or is that under better control? :scratch:

:cool: Still i can't knock them & never would, they give us Scalford after all :mex:

hifi_dave
14-09-2011, 00:59
I think i just prefer things a little smaller & more intimate :lol: Or is that under better control? :scratch:

Totally agree.

I have looked in a couple of times but never had a hankering to join in the melee.

PS. should that be mele ?

Ali Tait
14-09-2011, 05:12
Nah, first spelling is correct.

Marco
14-09-2011, 05:28
And since it is derived from the French word 'mêlée', one could also write it thus :)

Wigwam has its place, and the natives love it. The reason why the three main UK hi-fi forums work (pfm, Wigwam and AoS) is that all have achieved a desired and recognised identity, which is favoured by their respective members.

Marco.

Ali Tait
14-09-2011, 05:57
Aye, but I couldn't write it like that using my phone!

Not a fan of the wam myself, but whatever floats yer boat...

General Indifference
21-09-2011, 12:28
I personally don't give a flying f*ck if it's gone!
I believe you are sadly missed over there.:whistle:

Marco
21-09-2011, 16:24
Hi "Joan",

I sincerely hope that you're not just here to have a pop at Craig, because if so, your time here will be very short lived!

In any case, all new members must pop into the Welcome area and introduce themselves to our community, telling what system they use and what music they like, so please attend to this on your next visit, before posting anywhere else - cheers. Failure to do so within the next 48 hours will result in your account being deleted.

Marco.

General Indifference
22-09-2011, 08:04
I believe you are sadly missed over there.:whistle:

Who's Craig?

Marco
22-09-2011, 08:10
Icehockeyboy, whose comments you quoted about Wigwam.

Please go now and introduce yourself properly in the welcome area. I need to see some evidence that proves you're not here to troll.

Marco.

Marco
22-09-2011, 08:41
I notice that you've disappeared again without popping into the Welcome area. I'll give you until the end of the day to do so, after which you will be banned without further notice.

We have a zero tolerance policy here towards trolls.

Marco.

General Indifference
22-09-2011, 16:46
I notice that you've disappeared again without popping into the Welcome area. I'll give you until the end of the day to do so, after which you will be banned without further notice.

We have a zero tolerance policy here towards trolls.

Marco.

Where is it?

Barry
22-09-2011, 16:49
Where is it?

Here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)

Regards

General Indifference
22-09-2011, 16:53
Here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)

Regards

Thanks Barry.

jandl100
24-09-2011, 08:04
Wigwam has its place, and the natives love it. The reason why the three main UK hi-fi forums work (pfm, Wigwam and AoS) is that all have achieved a desired and recognised identity, which is favoured by their respective members.

Marco.

Yes, 3 very different forum identities, I agree.

I occasionally look in on PFM, but rarely see anything that piques my interest. Despite frequent denials, they really are still about the Flat Earth thing, which I feel very little sympathy for. But each to their own, eh!

The Wigwam always has an underlying identity of a "lad's forum". That's the way it was intended, and that's the way it is. Even the sole frequent female Wammer, Samantha, is an honorary lad, with her love for heavy music and (very) fast cars! But overlaying the laddish image is a very strong sense of "community", the best there is, imho. It is that sense of community that has resulted in the Scalford Show.
But yes, it can be a cruel and pitiless place as well, with school playground type bullying that is (still) not moderated properly, imo. In fact, some of the mods ... but well, never mind. It is what it is! :)

AOS is the other place, along with the Wigwam, that I spend my forum-time with. Far more civilised, and a strong and growing sense of community. Little in the way of Wammish rough & tumble, which can make it a little humdrum in comparison to the sparks (positive as well as negative) that can fly on the Wam.

I value both the Wigwam and AoS highly, and try to contribute to each according to their natures. :)

Dingdong
24-09-2011, 08:15
Pretty much agree with all that. Except I can't be arsed with pfm.

Gazjam
28-09-2011, 20:10
Yes, 3 very different forum identities, I agree.

I occasionally look in on PFM, but rarely see anything that piques my interest. Despite frequent denials, they really are still about the Flat Earth thing, which I feel very little sympathy for. But each to their own, eh!

The Wigwam always has an underlying identity of a "lad's forum". That's the way it was intended, and that's the way it is. Even the sole frequent female Wammer, Samantha, is an honorary lad, with her love for heavy music and (very) fast cars! But overlaying the laddish image is a very strong sense of "community", the best there is, imho. It is that sense of community that has resulted in the Scalford Show.
But yes, it can be a cruel and pitiless place as well, with school playground type bullying that is (still) not moderated properly, imo. In fact, some of the mods ... but well, never mind. It is what it is! :)

AOS is the other place, along with the Wigwam, that I spend my forum-time with. Far more civilised, and a strong and growing sense of community. Little in the way of Wammish rough & tumble, which can make it a little humdrum in comparison to the sparks (positive as well as negative) that can fly on the Wam.

I value both the Wigwam and AoS highly, and try to contribute to each according to their natures. :)

Echo's my own thought exactly.
Both are good and its ok to be different. :)