PDA

View Full Version : Hello for deepest Zummerzet

Jason P
31-10-2008, 23:52
Hi all,

Have finally found this forum (and what a great one it is) after much searching... I've been into (and out of) hifi since hearing a Revolver/Creek/Royd setup in a hifi shop in my teens - that was it, I was hooked. From my first TT (a Dual 505, bought in Tottenham Court Road and walked across London 'cos I had no money for the tube) to buying a Linn Sondek about 15 years ago I've had a lot of fun.

Now running a slimmed down setup - an Origin Live DC motored Sondek with an OL1 arm with mods, Linn Classik Music and Castle Sterlings. Never been totally happy with the Sondek after the OL mods (I think the dealer never set it up right) and so now venturing down the SL1200 route - just got a secondhand one today, so I'll be posting for advice...

When not hifi-ing I work in the TV industry editing and directing, so still in a bit of a 'boys toys' domain.

Anyway, hello from the home of Cider and the Wurzels!

Jason

Steve Toy
01-11-2008, 05:16
Welcome to the Art of Sound Jason. You'll find a few Technics turntable fans who are not DJs on here.

Filterlab
01-11-2008, 07:38
Hi Jason and welcome, glad to have you on board.

We've got some members with some very interesting jobs here (as well as interesting systems), an editor and director eh? All we need are some actors and we'll be able to make our own movie.

Nice to see another SL12'er, seems to be the turntable of choice. :)

Marco
01-11-2008, 09:14
We've got some members with some very interesting jobs here (as well as interesting systems), an editor and director eh? All we need are some actors and we'll be able to make our own movie.

I'm not sure about actors but we've got plenty of piss 'artistes'! :lol:

Welcome to AOS, Jason! Can I ask what you meant by this:

Have finally found this forum (and what a great one it is) after much searching...

Had you heard of us but for some reason couldn't find us, or do you mean you'd been looking for a decent audio and music forum for ages but none of the ones you'd seen were your cup of tea?

I'll get to your 1210 query in Analogue Art later :)

Marco.

Beechwoods
01-11-2008, 09:59
Hi Jason, you'll find a few Bristol / Somerset locals on here. Glad you found us :)

Jason P
01-11-2008, 10:21
Had you heard of us but for some reason couldn't find us, or do you mean you'd been looking for a decent audio and music forum for ages but none of the ones you'd seen were your cup of tea?

No, you came up fairly near the top of the pile. I meant a forum that thinks along similar lines - it's about the music, and whatever gets you there is fine! A lot of the forums out there are either tecchie nerds or hifi snobs - or at least come across like that. I liked the statement about the ethos of the site... my kinda place!!

When I first heard that hifi I spoke about, I started reading up on stuff. I set up my parents' Garrard deck (not a 301 or 401 unfortunately) as best I could, listening to it through a Pye reciever and the accompanying speakers. They had no stands ao I improvised with books... and even though it wouldn't qualify as 'hi-fi' in the accepted sense, there were moments of magic listening to records for the first time. It's that spirit I like...

Jason