PDA

View Full Version : Rotel RB1582/RC1580 cunning plan scuppered

isuckedmandelsonslemons
27-08-2011, 13:01
I've been looking round for a while for a good deal on this pre/power combo. Today I spotted a great deal with Canterbury Hifi offering a £700 saving on a demo set-up. I was all set to buy but unfortunately they can't/won't deliver. Won't even allow me to arrange a courier.

Collecting from shop is not an option as I live 300 miles away and don't fancy a 600-mile round trip and 20 gallons of diesel.

Anyway, thought it was worth an ask if anyone had seen this combo on offer (ex-demo or ex-display) a bit closer to the Frozen North. I'm between Durham and Middlesbrough.

Cheers.

StanleyB
29-08-2011, 09:46
One of the reason is the distance selling rule. I know a local high end audio dealer who won't sell online because of this situation. It can cost a lot of money to pack and post expensive gear, but in return buyers do not have to take the same care when sending back the goods. The distance selling rule specifically mentions that buyers are under no obligation to do so.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
29-08-2011, 10:32
Yeah I understand the reasons Stan but it's just a bit of a bugger as I really can't justify driving that far.

adrian
29-08-2011, 11:03
Hi Mr Lemon

If there is something you really want,and it's miles away,I always like to think of a way round these sort of things.
If in this case , if it really is special, I would maybe,buy the product,to secure it,and then see if anyone I knew was going down south, or someone you could trust lived near the shop and maybe work out a chain of perhaps 3 people untill it got to you or near enough to collect.Difficult and messy, probably have to drop them a few quid,,but you could get a lucky break if you think along these lines.There are vehicles covering that sort of route every day.Gotta be a bit inventive.

The gas to drive would be about £75 or less BUT, ya got to stay somewhere overnight for free.
How about a few hours in a motorway stop.I think that's how I would do it.

I managed to get some very large heavy loudspeakers and big heavy horns and other equipment from California to London with out a scratch.

Just a couple of ideas.

REGARDS
ADRIAN