PDA

View Full Version : Just a few changes.....

icehockeyboy
14-08-2011, 14:26
Discovered that using a coax (or a standard rca!) instead of a toslink optical cable into the dac, improved detail from the SB Touch.

Also I ditched the QED SA jumpers, firstly in favour of some Chord Ley Line cable, which improved things, but then they went, to be replaced by some solid silver jumpers VERY kindly donated by Effem (Frank), that took the overall sound up a notch or three! :)

Effem
14-08-2011, 16:49
So what is your current kit list Craig?

EDIT: Scrub that question, I just found the answer LOL

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11502

MCRU
14-08-2011, 19:01
Discovered that using a coax (or a standard rca!) instead of a toslink optical cable into the dac, improved detail from the SB Touch.

Also I ditched the QED SA jumpers, firstly in favour of some Chord Ley Line cable, which improved things, but then they went, to be replaced by some solid silver jumpers VERY kindly donated by Effem (Frank), that took the overall sound up a notch or three! :)

you must listen to the supra trico mate with silver wbt's for your SB, I have both and they sound awesome.

icehockeyboy
15-08-2011, 09:09
you must listen to the supra trico mate with silver wbt's for your SB, I have both and they sound awesome.

Can't seem to find any terminated with silver WBT's......? :scratch:

MCRU
15-08-2011, 09:14
Can't seem to find any terminated with silver WBT's......? :scratch:

Here (http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/digital-cables/311-supra-trico-digital-cable-1-metre.html)

icehockeyboy
15-08-2011, 11:12
Here (http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/digital-cables/311-supra-trico-digital-cable-1-metre.html)

Saw those already, didn't see any reference to silver WBT's though! :)

MCRU
15-08-2011, 11:14
there is a box next to the qty saying connector up-grades

icehockeyboy
15-08-2011, 11:18
I also ditched the QED SA from my MA Radius centre speaker and wired in some Silver High Breed cable.

Vast improvement! :)

icehockeyboy
15-08-2011, 11:20
there is a box next to the qty saying connector up-grades

Got it now! Boy, that is a jump in price though.....are you trying to get me in trouble with 'er indoors????? :lol:

icehockeyboy
17-08-2011, 15:07
A PS to the earliest post, I mention about how using a coax between SBT and dac was an improvement, I did say the coax was between the SBT and my dac, that wasn't 100% true, as in between the two is a Theta anti jitter device.

Anyway, the correct order of things is out of the SBT into the anti jitter device, into the dac, anyway I had been using an NVA Soundcord from the anti jitter box, into the dac, and wondered if using a proper 75ohm coax would make a difference........it didn't!
First I used a Van Den Hul, don't know which model but it has a pale blue outer sheath, and then another VDH, similar story, dunno which one, but it's a brown one with a gold tinge!....no difference......then a Tech Link.......no difference, and finally a couple of Silver High Breed ic's, the last of which was a really early one, which SEEMED to have the edge in the treble, but may be my imagination. :scratch:

jandl100
23-08-2011, 08:20
Craig ... ?!?!? .... you were still using QED ferkin' SA speaker cables anywhere within 150 miles of your system? :stalks::mental:

... and you were surprised at an improvement when you swapped them out? :scratch::mental:

:ner:

;)

icehockeyboy
23-08-2011, 19:33
Craig ... ?!?!? .... you were still using QED ferkin' SA speaker cables anywhere within 150 miles of your system? :stalks::mental:

... and you were surprised at an improvement when you swapped them out? :scratch::mental:

:ner:

;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Only as jumpers, so that doesn't count! :eyebrows: