PDA

View Full Version : Leak sandwich circa 1963

Tweedle-Dee
03-08-2011, 20:23
I've been offered these (original version, I believe - 2 way with 13" driver and separate HF unit on grill), but have never heard a pair and wonder if they are worth considering. They are not a pair, with different woods, but have been rewired and caps replaced.

Any idea what they'd be worth?

Cheers,
TD

hifi_dave
13-08-2011, 10:09
I sold a mint pair on E-Bay for less than £100.

shane
14-08-2011, 12:23
Not worth a lot but definitely worth a listen. Some well-trusted ears I know rate them very highly.

anthonyTD
14-08-2011, 23:01
I've been offered these (original version, I believe - 2 way with 13" driver and separate HF unit on grill), but have never heard a pair and wonder if they are worth considering. They are not a pair, with different woods, but have been rewired and caps replaced.

Any idea what they'd be worth?

Cheers,
TD
hi Dave,
i still own a pair of these,[currently at a friends house] even with their limited high frequency range, they can sound surprisingly good when partnered with the right system.
the bass is very musical too.
hope this helps.
Anthony,TD...

Beobloke
15-08-2011, 07:31
As everyone else has said, they're very nice speakers. Blistering treble insight isn't their forte, but they are sweet, musical and, as Anthony says, surprisingly tidy in the bass.

DSJR
15-08-2011, 12:41
As everyone else has said, they're very nice speakers. Blistering treble insight isn't their forte, but they are sweet, musical and, as Anthony says, surprisingly tidy in the bass.

I always wondered what happened to ANY treble whenever I heard them :lol:

The Rank-Leak Sandwich models rather went too far the other way IMO.... :eek:

Tweedle-Dee
19-09-2011, 19:32
Thanks guys - didn't go for them in the end as the seller wanted too much - probably just as well as I simply don't have the space anyhow and actaully need to downsize.

TD