PDA

View Full Version : "With regards to evaluating equipment and cables, it's like Ali says ..."

Neil McCauley
23-10-2008, 14:58
Originally, but not from me:

"With regards to evaluating equipment and cables, it's like Ali says, the *only* way to do it properly is to install 'X' new component or cable and live with it for a week, then swap back to your old stuff and if it instantly sounds worse then you know you've obtained a genuine improvement, and conversely the reverse applies."

Correct again. I and some others like me offer a 28 day evaluation period to facilitate this.

"Quick-fire A/B comparisons are next to useless as almost always (unless something is really bad) a different, often more 'impressive' sound, is psychologically considered as better when in reality in the long term in many cases it isn't. Blind testing is just a joke because your head isn't in the right 'zone'."

Err ... it's deja vu all over again. Didn't you take a look here? http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1229

Regards

HP (the man wot posts under his own name)

---//---

Marco
23-10-2008, 15:08
LOL. Yes but, not until after I'd written the above! Great minds think alike and all that... :eyebrows:

What's the purpose of this thread then, muchacho? :)

Marco.

Neil McCauley
23-10-2008, 15:13
LOL. Yes but, not until after I'd written the above! Great minds think alike and all that... :eyebrows:

What's the purpose of this thread then, muchacho? :)

Marco.

Err, not sure. My brain was in idle mode in the brief period between 2 consecutive sales and err - my brain hurts now sir - and can I be excused?

---//---