PDA

View Full Version : Ameson-Cooper valve gear?

nat8808
22-07-2011, 13:39
Anyone heard of Ameson-Cooper gear from around '93?

Have a pre-amp coming my way.. 644 pre-amp Ebay purchase obviously, no idea what it is but went on gut feeling.

Just found an advert in Hifi News Aug '93:

Groove Tubes ad:

We are pleased to announce an exciting new range of British made valve amplifiers. Ameson-Cooper have produced a new range of valve pre and power amplifiers, based on their combined, vast expereince in the professional music business. With around 30 years each of servicing musicians [sic] and recording studios, Michael Ameson and Michael Cooper have transferred this expertise into high quality audiophile valve amplification.

Models currently available are:
Ameson-Cooper Twin 44 Monoblocks
44 watts per channel based on Groove tubes 6L6 valves
Retail price £1300.00 per pair

Ameson-Cooper 644 pre-amplifier
Incorporating all valve lin and RIAA phono stage for the vinyl enthusiast. Phono plus three line input
Retail Price £850.00

Ameson-Cooper 444 pre-amplifier
Line only valve pre-amplifier with four inputs.
Retail Price £650.00

Ameson-Cooper 244 pre-amplifier
Solid state RIAA conversion and step up module.
Retal Price £200.00

Anyone have any experience or knowledge?

The Grand Wazoo
22-07-2011, 16:56
I think there was a HFN review of a pre/power combination -I'll take a look for it if you like

nat8808
22-07-2011, 23:53
I think there was a HFN review of a pre/power combination -I'll take a look for it if you like

Ooo, yes please. I do have all the HFN mags but it's hit and miss if the right ones are accessible.. If you find it, just let me know which issue it's in.. Maybe I'll find the Jan '94 with the index (the advert I quoted was from August '93).

- Nat

The Grand Wazoo
22-07-2011, 23:54
I'll take a look tomorrow for you