View Full Version : John's visit

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
16-07-2011, 17:57
Nice bloke, good music :)

Dropped and left his phone :doh:

John
16-07-2011, 20:44
ahh lol
Nice system; was fun Amazing scale for speakers the size of standmounts and good bass impact too. Different to anything I heard before but in a good way
Feel free to come round to listen to my system I think you like what its does

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
16-07-2011, 20:54
What do you want me to do with the phone, post it, or will you collect.

John
16-07-2011, 21:01
Post please

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
16-07-2011, 21:07
PM me the address then.

John
16-07-2011, 21:57
sent email Richard

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
16-07-2011, 23:02
I am a real gonk with this computer audio. I went in twice to Spotify to try and figure it out. Their website seems to me to be designed to confuse you and stop you finding what you want.

Anyway, John, straight in, pulling out tunes, good music I have never heard or heard of even. :scratch::doh:

All I have done is copy my CD's and have fun with Youtube.

The Vinyl Adventure
16-07-2011, 23:15
Your right about the spotify website Richard, I can never find anything I'm after!
How are you stuck with the spotify interface it's self?
It's a great way to find new music!
I have an app on my phone called shazzam that when you press a button records a bit then tells you what it is ... Then to spotify to listen to it again bloody ace what you can do with computers!

Alex_UK
16-07-2011, 23:16
Glad you guys had fun. Spotify is indeed an amazing service - the Premium subscription costs £10 a month, but must have paid for itself ten-fold with music I would have bought "on spec" which I didn't actually like enough after a couple of Spotify listens. These days, if I like it I give it a few "streams" rather than spins, and only buy the CD or LP if I really like it. Let's face it - most of us have got far too many albums - (well I have - 4,000 odd) many of which will never get played again in my lifetime.

John
17-07-2011, 04:33
One of the tricks is to go into related artist and explore much like you doing in you tube
Also create a Libary so that you can eaisly find music. Its not the best interface but once you get used to it the sound quality is good and like Alex says a great way to discover music

The Grand Wazoo
17-07-2011, 09:31
It's also a great tool for finding interesting cover versions. This usually leads to discovering new artists.