PDA

View Full Version : What change am I listening for?

icehockeyboy
14-07-2011, 19:19
Stuck a pair of Sainsbury's finest granite thingies under my spiked speakers, into spike cups, they in turn sit atop laminate flooring, with the usual styrene underneath it, sitting on concrete.

What, if any difference should I be experiencing?

I won't put what I think I hear, just in case its pie co logical! :lol:

Effem
14-07-2011, 19:33
Well it will make the bass a bit more taut, or a bit more loose.

If it sounds like a Cuckoo gargling with a throat full of custard, you need to take it all out pronto :ner:

chelsea
14-07-2011, 19:39
Wouldn't have thought it would sound that much different to having it coupled to the floor.

Maybe bass is better...or worse.

icehockeyboy
15-07-2011, 11:15
Ha ha! Thanks for the replies boys......reminds me of the generic weather forecaster..........well it might rain............then again it might not! :lol:

Effem
15-07-2011, 11:19
Ha ha! Thanks for the replies boys......reminds me of the generic weather forecaster..........well it might rain............then again it might not! :lol:

Well what else would you expect Craig? ;)

Why don't you enlighten us what you perceive the sound to be?

Neil McCauley
15-07-2011, 11:51
Well it will make the bass a bit more taut, or a bit more loose.

If it sounds like a Cuckoo gargling with a throat full of custard, you need to take it all out pronto :ner:

+1

Welder
15-07-2011, 12:01
Let me hazard a guess here.
From my own experience my guess is a noticeable increase in foul language as the family stubs their toes on the Sainsbury’s finest granite thingies ;)

Alex_UK
15-07-2011, 12:37
Let me hazard a guess here.
From my own experience my guess is a noticeable increase in foul language as the family stubs their toes on the Sainsbury’s finest granite thingies ;)

:lol::lol::lol: We can always rely on John to bring the hifi foo back to Earth with a bump! Classic! :)

icehockeyboy
17-07-2011, 17:40
Well what else would you expect Craig? ;)

Why don't you enlighten us what you perceive the sound to be?

A slight improvement, not a lot though, in the bottom end....could just be my imagination though......and did the treble sound a fraction sweeter? Might be kidding myself on any change!

Love the comment about toe stubbing! :lolsign: