PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of free Stereonow Blues CD sampler.

Neil McCauley
18-10-2008, 19:07
I'm putting together my Blues Sampler #1 CD. If I can get permission from the PRS, then I'll make it freely available to all any forum members that want it. Right now I'm refining the running order; and I'm listening to "Blues With A Feeling" by Paul Butterfield. Hmm ..... nice!

In anticipation they’ll not give me any grief, (the PRS that is) all you need do if you want one is to email me at enquiries@Stereonow.co.uk with ‘Want Blues 1 CD please’ in the subject line.

No need to send your address yet. If the PRS say “yes” – then I’ll email everyone who’s emailed me and request your address. If they say “No” – I’ll post their decision on this thread, and curse a bit, and then move on. On the face of it, I can’t see how they could object – because this is a non-profit activity I'm proposing. But who knows? They might prove to be an obstacle. Worth a try though I feel.

Anyway, there is no charge and its post free. Stereonow is booming right now and I want to spread the Blues ‘gospel’ around a bit whenever I can.

Here’s the thing; in that I’ll not be providing a track listing with the free CD. That way you can listen without preconceived ideas. However …. a few days after the forum members have received theirs I’ll post the track listing on one of my sites.

That’s it. No catch. I want nothing in return – other than you might get turned on to at least one of the sub-genres in the wonderful and broad world of Blues music. And that it might be an incentive for fence-sitters to join this forum. No membership = no CD y'all.

---//---

snapper
18-10-2008, 19:31
I'm putting together my Blues Sampler #1 CD.

---//---

Sounds good Howard.

I really must get round to sending you a comp. but I feel you may have everything I put on it.

Steve Toy
20-10-2008, 10:12
That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd be interested.

shane
20-10-2008, 10:46
email sent...

John
20-10-2008, 19:16
Howard is one of those people who loves turning people onto new and old music I think deepening someones love of music and understanding is one of the best gifts you can give and so simple.

Ali Tait
20-10-2008, 20:02
Me too.Thanks again Howard.

Tony Moore
21-10-2008, 07:23
And me! Cheers! :cool:

Marco
21-10-2008, 08:59
Email sent! You're a gentleman and a scholar :cool:

Marco.

Mike
21-10-2008, 17:47
Ditto!

Cheers,
Mike.

snapper
04-11-2008, 11:15
I assume you got permission,so e-mail sent.

Thanks in advance.