PDA

View Full Version : Picking up the phone

colinB
08-07-2011, 21:17
I keep hearing people`s mobiles on my system, not voices but the connection buzzy sound. Ive heard it mainly with records but i may hav heard it with digital too.
Dos my system hav a disease i havnt heard of or is it normal :scratch:

Stratmangler
08-07-2011, 21:21
Isn't your flat somewhere around a coffee bar or summat like ?
The buzzy thing isn't normal, unless mobiles in general have an issue getting signal - the phones all hang off an AM radio band, and you get noise if the band is difficult to pick up.

colinB
08-07-2011, 21:29
Yep. Coffee bar pub and bustop. A peaceful little place in the city.

prestonchipfryer
09-07-2011, 05:56
Hi. I used to get a noise on my system, something like a morse-code like sound. It was only when my mobile phone was near me and switched on. The sound would start just before the phone would ring. So I placed ferrite rings around all cabling and this seems to work well.

John

Slippershod
09-07-2011, 09:26
get it here - think it must be the 'difficulty picking up connections' thing here - seems to be the phono-stage (or cartridge I guess, more to the point).

Stratmangler
09-07-2011, 09:36
I used to get it here at home - despite living within half a mile of a transmitter, geography conspires to deny me a decent mobile signal.
When I last changed my mobile phone I chose one with UMA capabilities, so it can hook up to my router and access the mobile network that way. Hunting sounds are a thing of the past.

Slippershod
10-07-2011, 21:37
wouldn't work for me - a few dwellings of one sort and another here - and my system picks up mobile phone usage from the other places, although we're detached by 15 metres or so from the nearest ... :(

Elzar
11-07-2011, 16:32
I'm sure Russ Andrews can sell you something to get rid of it lol