PDA

View Full Version : Quick Links Button

webby
08-07-2011, 08:25
Just a recommendation here really.

I find it very handy using the quick links>new posts button to quickly see what's been posted recently.

Ok, carry on.

MartinT
08-07-2011, 08:28
Yep Lee, I use that all the time. Together with e-mail alerts that lets me keep up with things on the phone.

Alex_UK
08-07-2011, 09:18
Just a recommendation here really.

I find it very handy using the quick links>new posts button to quickly see what's been posted recently.

Ok, carry on.

I do the same, but the "New Posts" link is saved as an icon on my browser's "Bookmarks Bar" - what this means is that you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the thread, just move the mouse to the top of the screen and click the icon on the bar - thus saving even more time. :)

Marco
08-07-2011, 11:26
Lol - you've got it bad, dude... :eyebrows:

Top marks, though! :)

Marco.

Beechwoods
09-07-2011, 16:48
I do the same, but the "New Posts" link is saved as an icon on my browser's "Bookmarks Bar" - what this means is that you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the thread, just move the mouse to the top of the screen and click the icon on the bar - thus saving even more time. :)

That's exactly what I do too :hifive:

One other thing, you know that http://theartofsound.net/forum/images/buttons/firstnew.gif button to the left of each thread in the list view? It takes you to the first unread post in that thread. I was using VB forums for a year or so before I realised that!

MartinT
09-07-2011, 17:31
One other thing, you know that http://theartofsound.net/forum/images/buttons/firstnew.gif button to the left of each thread in the list view? It takes you to the first unread post in that thread. I was using VB forums for a year or so before I realised that!

Oh yes, that button is great for getting to the next unread post.

Also, you can use Alex's New Posts idea but instead of creating a link in the browser toolbar, you can create a link on Windows 7's task bar at the bottom of the screen.

<later> ooh sorry, you're a Mac user. Maybe you can do something similar?

Beechwoods
09-07-2011, 18:09
You can add links to the Dock in OSX but I tend to leave mind hidden and so it's easier just to head up to the toolbar. Lee may know how to add a bookmark as a Menulet which is always up top in OSX, he's more of an OSX expert than me!

webby
09-07-2011, 18:27
You can add links to the Dock in OSX but I tend to leave mind hidden and so it's easier just to head up to the toolbar. Lee may know how to add a bookmark as a Menulet which is always up top in OSX, he's more of an OSX expert than me!

To be honest, as you say, it's easy enough to just stick it in the bookmarks bar which is part of the toolbar.

You could even have a Bookmarks folder of AOS links, say the main forum page, the New Posts page, the Today's Posts page and maybe even a bookmark for a particular thread that you're following. Then you can set it to open all those pages in tabs with one click.

You can probably do this in windows too.