PDA

View Full Version : jelco 750d/Technics fitting experience?

colinB
22-06-2011, 15:59
I have a new tonearm to fit , not actually a jelco 750 but the previous LAD model, and im of to to the printers to make a Hoffman protractor.
Has anyone tried to fit using the 15mm overhang that jelco recommend? Im not sure the sumiko headshell will allow that :scratch: I wont know for sure until i take the Technics apart and i can imagine having bits all over the floor and the wrong protractor.
If you have been there before and can offer any pointers i would be very grateful.

DSJR
22-06-2011, 16:40
Use the template that jelco recommend for the length of the LAD arm (Beobloke should be able to assist I think) and you may find it's the standard "Linn arm" length. Set the inner null point to 60mm and everything should be fine at side end, where offset and overhang really matters...

AlexM
22-06-2011, 17:26
Can't find the effective length for the SA370 on Vinyl Engine database - think it is 239mm according to the SA-370 drawing (http://www.vinylengine.com/library/jelco/sa-370h.shtml). The Conrad Hoffman protractor generator should be fine, and getting Baerwald alignment should be fine with the Sumiko headshell.

Regards,
Alex

colinB
22-06-2011, 17:42
I think there was a mistake by Jelco siting 219 but it should be 229. It means the nul point is 53.7 rather than 60 to get 15mm overhang using Baerwald.
I dont suppose it matters which method but i notice inner groove distortion on the old arm using a mint protractor so i want to try Baerwald method.
I use mm cartridge so i think i can rule out transformer interference.