PDA

View Full Version : PMC DB1S+

Butuz
11-05-2011, 22:09
Al I can say on the matter is - WOW :stalks::eyebrows:

I've always fancied a pair of PMCs ever since I was a young lad really.

Finally a surround set of DB1S+ came up at a price I could not ignore so I decided to pull the trigger and see if I could figure out why apparently over half of the CDs ever made were mastered on PMCs. OK I don't even have a surround amp but I figured what the hell lets just try a pair of em in stereo first!

Well now I know why!! Holy carp! I am sitting here spellbound after 2 evenings of listening.

How much sound can come out of these TINY unassuming looking matte black little boxes???? Amazing. I sat there listening to a few CDs earlier at 95-100DB with no hint of distortion and no fatigue! Ok thats a fair bit louder than I usually listen at but I could have listened like that for a while.

They even seem to go fairly low! Ok no where near as low as my Tannoys, when I first started listening I immediately missed the 25-35hz region but now after pronlonged listening I find that its not so much of a problem as the fact that the 45hz and upwards region is SO FECKING GOOD outweighs the fact theres no sub bass.

If I carry on I am just going to be babbling inanely so I'll cut it short. I've got lots more CDs that need to be played!!!!

Wow wow wow.

Just incase you were wondering the kit on my stand curently is Cambridge Audio 640CDV2 via Mark Grant RCA into Young DAC into Pasive Pre into XTZ AP-100 power amp via Van Damme Studio Blue into the PMCs.

Sex wee time. Again. This is getting messy!! :D

Butuz

aquapiranha
11-05-2011, 22:25
I used to have a pair of TB2S+ a couple of years ago and I thought they were fab. I could happily live with another pair. They really were great, and compact too.

jbloggs
11-05-2011, 22:58
Been using a pair of PMC DB1S+ for a while now, lovely sound, very pleased with them, see sig...