PDA

View Full Version : The arrival of a wee brush, and a great tweak for Techy fans...

Marco
09-04-2011, 17:20
Guys,

For now, due to shortage of time, I'll keep this report fairly brief, although I may add to it later....

However, this is simply to say that I've recently discovered a great, and fairly inexpensive, tweak for all Techy fans, but particularly those who have Mike New platters and who currently use a heavy record weight or record clamp with them.

Prompted by Andr'e, during a conversation we were having about something else via PM, I bought a vintage Michell clamp from eBay, along with a Transrotor sweep brush, which arrived yesterday:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1630/img0558hl.jpg (http://img94.imageshack.us/i/img0558hl.jpg/)

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1277/img0559c.jpg (http://img708.imageshack.us/i/img0559c.jpg/)

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4428/img0556v.jpg (http://img576.imageshack.us/i/img0556v.jpg/)

I rather like the retro touch the sweep brush has added to the Techy (along with the vintage Michell clamp), and it's pretty effective, too! :)

However, the sweep brush is really just a bit of fun - the real star of the show is the Michell clamp (which incidentally I've now sold to somone else on AoS, although I'll be obtaining another vintage version very soon!) It really is somewhat of a revelation....

For a little while now I've had the niggling feeling that using my Bruil record weight with the MN platter was perhaps just over-egging the mass a touch by excessively increasing the load on the bearing, and consequently causing an over-damped effect, making the sound of the Techy ever so slightly 'thickened' and 'muddied', with slightly plummy bass on certain material.

Therefore, when Andr'e directed me to the Michell clamp, I thought to myself: 'hey, you know what, that might just work!', as it was much lighter than the Bruil, and of course it also would also produce a slight warp flattening effect, due to its clamping mechanism, which ever since I heard the sonic effect of this with the Oyaide weight and mat, I've desperately sought to replicate....

Anyway, when the clamp arrived, I duly fitted it and spun some of my favourite tunes - WHOA - what a difference! Gone was that slightly over-damped quality the Bruil was causing, not through any fault in its own design, but because I was already using a high-mass platter, and the extra mass it contributed on top of that, was simply a little too much.

The sound now opened up considerably, bass had tightened nicely and now had more 'swing' and tune, the top end was sweeter and more extended, and most significantly, the soundstage seemingly had grown in width and depth, as if someone had hit one of those 'stereo-wide' buttons on 1970s and 80s ghetto-blasters. Rhythms were now more infectiously syncopating, and overall, detail retrieval had notably increased. Quite simply, music played now gelled and bopped along better than ever!

In short, this is a no-brainer upgrade for all Techy fans, for something like £26, and particularly those who use Mike New platters. The improvement the Michell clamp brings to the party isn't simply because of its low-mass, but also because of the sonic benefits of its warp flattening effect. Up until now I hadn't really considered this since rejecting the Oyaide mat and weight for the MN platter, although at the time recognising the addictive sonic qualites the warp flattening effect of the Oyaide had when playing my favourite records.

Therefore, one can now (almost) get the best of both worlds by using a (current edition) Michell clamp with an MN platter, together with a mat of your choice. I say "almost" because the Oyaide mat and weight still ultimately do a better job of flattening warped records, but the Michell record clamp certainly performs a vital and cost-effective role in obtaining even further superb performance from the SL-1200/1210.

As such, I have no hesitation in thoroughly recommending what I consider as the best record clamp I've heard for use with the Techy, with or without an MN platter. So, folks, if my ramblings here have whetted your appetite, order a Michell clamp with confidence from our very own hifi dave, and hear your favourite records wonderfully reproduced like never before! :cool:

All enquires please to: www.radlettaudio.co.uk

Marco.

hifi_dave
09-04-2011, 17:28
If you fancy a clamp then the Michell is about as good as they get and very reasonably priced. You can pay hundreds for such devices but the superbly crafted Michell is still sub £30.

Marco
09-04-2011, 17:30
Do you sell them, Dave? If so, I'd recommend that folks buy them from you :)

Marco.

hifi_dave
09-04-2011, 17:38
Yes, I do and thanks for the support.

Michell products are all beautifuuly made, well thought out, totally reliable and very good value. In a world where we get ripped off right, left and centre, Michell Engineering are amongst the good guys (and gals).

Darren
09-04-2011, 17:39
I'm now taking bets as to how long it will be before Marco discovers that records sound even better with no clamp at all then better with a lighter platter, then the direct drive comes under scrutiny................
And before too much time has passed we are back to the LP12!
Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go!!! :)

Marco
09-04-2011, 17:44
Lol, don't hold your breath for that one!! :eyebrows:

Marco.

P.S Mainly because it sounds distinctly worse with no clamp or weight ;)

Marco
09-04-2011, 17:58
Hi Dave,

Yes, I do and thanks for the support.

Nice one, I wasn't sure. I've now amended my opening post.

Michell products are all beautifuuly made, well thought out, totally reliable and very good value. In a world where we get ripped off right, left and centre, Michell Engineering are amongst the good guys (and gals).

Can't find anything I'd disagree with in that! :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
09-04-2011, 18:52
Great stuff Marco but it's not a Transcriptor ;)

Marco
09-04-2011, 18:56
Sorry, it should be Transrotor! :doh:

I'll change it now.....

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
09-04-2011, 19:56
Looks like a decent shaving brush if all else fails :D Ok, maybe a tad on the small side ;)

I have no experience of the record clamp, but it looks to me as if you simply press down & tighten up the knurled nut which locks it to the record deck spindle...

Am i correct? :scratch: Cheers in advance...

The Grand Wazoo
09-04-2011, 20:10
I have no experience of the record clamp, but it looks to me as if you simply press down & tighten up the knurled nut which locks it to the record deck spindle...

Yes, the nut nips up a collet which goes over the spindle. I've used a Michell clamp since about 1986 when I bought one to use on my Acoustic Research turntable. A few years later I got a Gyro. I only sold my original clamp a couple of years ago & got three time the price I paid for it - there was a bidding war between three buyers - idiots could've got new ones for less. Still, not to worry eh? - a bit of unexpected lolly always comes in handy!

Marco
09-04-2011, 20:10
Lol... Yes, Mark, that's right. The effect you achieve is primarily a closer coupling of the record to the mat, and in turn, the mat to the platter (the ultimate 'sandwich' effect) - always a good idea for preserving maximum signal integrity, in my experience!

If you remember, applying Vaseline to the underneath of Achromats (to improve coupling to the platter) was discussed recently, and proved very effective, so this is simply a further extension of that principle, albeit this time involving improving the contact integrity between the record and the mat.

A small side-effect is that the closer coupling of the record to the mat also 'irons out' slight warps in records. The Michell clamp will have little effect though on more serious warps. For that you need the Oyaide mat and weight, or even better, the Furutech 'heat-press' thingy.... ;)

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
09-04-2011, 20:12
When you buy a Michell clamp from new, it comes with a thick felt washer that goes over the spindle but under the record. This can help smooth out warps on a non-profiled platter or mat.

MartinT
09-04-2011, 20:19
Marco spoke to me about his enthusiasm for the Michell clamp a couple of weeks ago and, based on the fact that I used to own one many years ago (on a Syncro) and that it's so cheap I thought I'd take a punt.

Mine is the modern black design, hollow underneath and comes complete with a felt washer to go under the record. There is plenty of spindle available with the Mike New bearing, but some decks will not have enough length available for a good clamping action. Also, for reasons that will become clear, I would not really recommend it for sprung subchassis decks.

The action of the clamp is to flatten the records by dishing them downwards via the annulus of the clamp and the felt washer. I find that it needs a good press downwards together with a twist of the knurled knob. If done properly, the periphery of the LP is pressed against my Achromat mat very effectively.

The sound versus my Bruil weight is interestingly different. There is a greater sense of that dimensionality and space that I so like with MC cartridges, as well as improved structure through a welcome tightening of the bass and even more presence in the all-important vocal midrange. The effect is simply 'more' of everything the Technics brings to the table. For an outlay of about £30 it's an excellent addition to my vinyl replay system and a nice bit of engineering in its own right.

Thanks, Marco and Andr'e.

http://www.trichordresearch.com/acatalog/michell_clamp.jpg

Dingdong
09-04-2011, 20:25
So the one I just bought is not going to sound too good on my Thorens TD160 then?

Reid Malenfant
09-04-2011, 20:26
A small side-effect is that the closer coupling of the record to the mat also 'irons out' slight warps in records. The Michell clamp will have little effect though on more serious warps. For that you need the Oyaide mat and weight, or even better, the Furutech 'heat-press' thingy.... ;)

Marco.
Hold up a minute buddy... If you can lock this clamp (really does sound like a clamp now ;)) to the record decks spindle then surely you can apply more "mass" by pressure to the clamp before you lock up the collet (cheers TGW - name escapes me right now - serious apologies :doh: :donk:) so i'd have thought this could do a better job of ironing out warps but with less mass than something like an Oyaide or similar that simply rely on mass & no clamping? :scratch:

Or am i off on a trip to Mars :eyebrows:

E2A:- Sorry Chris, i thought that is what your name was but there are a few so i thought i was imagining things :o

Marco
09-04-2011, 20:29
So the one I just bought is not going to sound too good on my Thorens TD160 then?

No, the one you've bought Mark is different to Martin's. His is the new one. It doesn't clamp in the same way - relax you'll be fine! :)

Marco.

MartinT
09-04-2011, 20:35
Mark - yes, you can apply tremendous downward pressure before twisting the clamp, my only worry would be for the bearing. I have no qualms with the MN bearing but other decks may not like the downward pressure and sprung decks could be a real problem.

Dingdong
09-04-2011, 20:35
That's sort of what I was thinking Marco. It seems to have markings on for 33 and 45rpm. Do they work with any sort of light?

Marco
09-04-2011, 20:38
The strobe markings? Yes they work fine if you know how to read them! :scratch: :eyebrows:

Marco.

Marco
09-04-2011, 20:39
Hi Martin,

Mark - yes, you can apply tremendous downward pressure before twisting the clamp...

Not with the vintage one Mark (Dingdong) has bought, you can't. It ain't hollow underneath ;)

Marco.

Dingdong
09-04-2011, 20:41
Martin, I wasn't planning to apply huge downward pressure. There is a teflon pad on the bottom of the bearing. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get damaged.

MartinT
09-04-2011, 20:42
Sorry guys, incorrect Mark error! I was replying to Reid Malenfant's post :)

Dingdong
09-04-2011, 20:45
I was thinking that I'd need a tungsten lamp, that flickers at 50Hz, to see it properly. I guess there would have to be 50 and 60Hz ones depending on country, but maybe I'm wrong about the lamp thing.

The strobe markings? Yes they work fine if you know how to read them! :scratch: :eyebrows:

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
09-04-2011, 20:50
:lolsign: See how confusing names can make things ;) At least i'm not the only one & once more apologies Chris :)

keiths
09-04-2011, 21:03
When you buy a Michell clamp from new, it comes with a thick felt washer that goes over the spindle but under the record. This can help smooth out warps on a non-profiled platter or mat.

Could someone with the felt washer please measure its approximate thickness and diameter? I've been using a modern Michell clamp for a few weeks bought cheaply off ebay - but it didn't come with the washer.

hifi_dave
09-04-2011, 21:18
I was thinking that I'd need a tungsten lamp, that flickers at 50Hz, to see it properly. I guess there would have to be 50 and 60Hz ones depending on country, but maybe I'm wrong about the lamp thing.

Any bulb running off the mains will provide the 50 Hz 'flicker' you need to read the strobe and yes, there are versions of the strobe for 60 Hz.

Dingdong
09-04-2011, 21:20
Do those modern energy saver bulbs flicker? I guess I'll find out.

The Grand Wazoo
09-04-2011, 21:21
Another thing you might need to be aware of if you're considering one of these, is that you need a 'special' if you want to put it on a Rega - different spindle length y'see. They're available freely enough, but don't think about trying a standard one.

PS Mark - don't worry about forgetting my name mate, I'm crap with names & I'd forget mine if it wasn't on my driving licence!

Reid Malenfant
09-04-2011, 21:22
Any bulb running off the mains will provide the 50 Hz 'flicker' you need to read the strobe and yes, there are versions of the strobe for 60 Hz.
Yes, but it can't be guaranteed to be 50Hz from the mains as it alters during the day & night according to demand. Admittedly over a 24Hr period it has legally got to be 50Hz to keep syncronous motors accurate in clocks, but on a smaller timescale it can vary from lower than 49 to over 51 Hz :rolleyes:

markf
09-04-2011, 23:11
Finally something we can agree upon, I like the Michell clamp I’ve been using one for many years
and although I have a Clearaudio Turntable and Clearaudio make several clamps I prefer
the Michell, there is something about it that it just looks right.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/markf_pfm/Michell.jpg

Marco
09-04-2011, 23:23
Finally something we can agree upon...

Why, what do we not agree upon, Mark? ;)

Nice piccy!

Marco.

Mike g
09-04-2011, 23:25
Will this work as well on my sp10 as it seems to be working on sl1200s etc? If so might give it a try...

Marco
09-04-2011, 23:34
No reason why not, Mike... What mat are you using on your SP10? The Michell clamp works best on a mat with a totally flat surface, and no ridges, like an Achromat. But it's not a hard and fast rule :)

Marco.

Mike g
10-04-2011, 07:29
Hi marco. It's a herbie mat as sold by Dave C.

Marco
10-04-2011, 07:41
Should be fine then, Mike - go for it! :)

Marco.

MartinT
10-04-2011, 07:57
The Herbies mat is slightly squishy so the action of clamping should work rather well.

Marco
10-04-2011, 14:02
Indeed! :)

As an aside, after having used the sweep brush for quite a few hours now, I've discovered that, apart from looking cool, it's actually rather effective!!

The (squirrel?) hair the brush is made from is so ultra-fine that, as it 'leads' ahead of the stylus, as records are spinning, it picks up the tiniest of dust particles (this becomes evident when records are finished playing, and one flicks the brush, and they fall onto the record surface). Gently blowing them away, however, removes them.

What I'm noticing now, by using the sweep brush, is that surface noise is virtually non-existent (there was very little before, as most of my records are squeaky-clean and mint), but now there's almost nothing.

Therefore even when you *think* that your records are pristine, after having cleaned them on an RCM, the fact is that there still remains tiny particles of dust buried deep within the grooves! And removing them does improve sound quality.

So I'm rather happy with both of my recent purchases - the Michell clamp (soon to be replaced with another vintage one, as Dingdong's bought this one) AND the little sweep brush. Happy days! :cool:

Marco.

tannoy man
10-04-2011, 14:36
I'm now taking bets as to how long it will be before Marco discovers that records sound even better with no clamp at all

After much experimentation with clamps and weights on my TD 124 Ive concluded that I like a record weight for low complience cartridges but no clamp or weight for higher compliance models, but every turntable is different so if youve been using weights or clamps for some time , and have changed your cart try it without

Mike g
10-04-2011, 14:38
Is there any difference between the older versions and the new current technoweight? Either in weight or in the way it screws on?

Marco
13-04-2011, 22:58
From earlier....

So I'm rather happy with both of my recent purchases - the Michell clamp (soon to be replaced with another vintage one, as Dingdong's bought this one) AND the little sweep brush. Happy days! :cool:

Ok, this little chap has now duly been purloined from eBay, and is currently winging its way to Marco Towers:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6441/kgrhqzle2eceqq00bnl100g.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/kgrhqzle2eceqq00bnl100g.jpg/)

However, I had to pay bloody £85.00 for it! :doh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300543321535&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

Still, it's quality, and I feel rather nicer than the modern ones available - so that's Mark and me both happy chappies! :cool:

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
13-04-2011, 23:17
So this little chap has now duly been purloined from eBay, and is currently winging its way to Marco Towers:

Marco.

Bloody hell Marco!
That's not all that vintage, you know. I should have hung on to my old one for a bit - you could have had it for.... oh I dunno, £84

Marco
13-04-2011, 23:20
Hehehe.... That's good to know, Chris! For me though, it's WAY nicer looking than the ones made now, and I'm sure every bit as effective, so it's a win-win :)

Also, technically, it didn't cost me £85.00, as Mark paid me £40 for the other one ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
13-04-2011, 23:50

:eek:

Marco
13-04-2011, 23:55
Lol - let's see how much this one goes for:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200596196021&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

;)

Marco.

Barry
14-04-2011, 00:04

I've done similar: £135 for a mint (unused) Fidelity Research S5 headshell and a similar amount for an unused EMT headshell with original unopened packaging.

I paid over the odds (£35 I think) for an original Ferrograph de-gausser, to match my Ferrograph model 632 reel-to-reel. And then there was the £200 near mint Nagra power supply for the Nagra IV-S, when perfectly good third party alternatives are available for about £40.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"? :scratch:

Rare Bird
14-04-2011, 00:14
lol - let's see how much this one goes for:

£1,320.00! :lolsign:

Marco
14-04-2011, 00:18
Oooh...you might just outbid me at the last minute! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Rare Bird
14-04-2011, 00:20
Na i was just thinking how much Beer i could buy with that, i think i'll pass :eyebrows:

Marco
14-04-2011, 00:23
I was thinking of how many Batman & Robin outfits I could get!!

Marco.

Rare Bird
14-04-2011, 00:26
I was thinking of how many Batman & Robin outfits I could get!!

:eyebrows:

Marco
14-04-2011, 07:12
:lolsign:

Marco.

Dingdong
14-04-2011, 07:43
From earlier....

Marco.

£85.00!! I could have sold you one similar for £42;)

Marco
14-04-2011, 07:51
Lol.... Yours should hopefully arrive today, dude :)

Marco.

Dingdong
14-04-2011, 08:04
I shall have a play later and report back. I might even take some pictures soon.

Marco
14-04-2011, 08:14
Nice one - that'd be good :)

Talking of clamps, I found this rather bizarre one. I believe the top's removable, and so doubles up as a powder puff:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5544/kgrhqzk4e1f31nyubnb2n6q.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/kgrhqzk4e1f31nyubnb2n6q.jpg/)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390294162378&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think Andr'e would quite like it! :kiss: :eyebrows:

Marco.

MartinT
14-04-2011, 08:58
Ok, this little chap has now duly been purloined from eBay, and is currently winging its way to Marco Towers

Is that one hollow on the underside like the current model? If so, you should find its flattening properties rather good.

Marco
14-04-2011, 10:01
Indeed it is; hence my reason for buying it ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
14-04-2011, 11:37
Talking of clamps, I found this rather bizarre one. I believe the top's removable, and so doubles up as a powder puff:

I think Andr'e would quite like it! :kiss: :eyebrows:

Yeh already seen that, it did catch my attention :eyebrows:

Last night i turned the telly over for wifey. noticing a gambling programme & how long those roulette tables spin for, i thought to myself ''i wonder how good the bearing are!! just a thought.

Marco
14-04-2011, 12:19
And an interesting one! Although I thought your attention may have been taken more by the jugs on the croupier (it was a bird, right?).... :eyebrows:

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 16:26
I have just picked up another perfectly wrapped package from the post office containing a rather pleasant Michell record clamp.
First impressions, while everything is warming up, are 'bloody hell that sounds good'.
If anyone is contemplating getting a clamp then I'd highly recommend it.
I shall think up some hifi waffle to describe it later.

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 16:57
I have just picked up another perfectly wrapped package from the post office containing a rather pleasant Michell record clamp.
First impressions, while everything is warming up, are 'bloody hell that sounds good'.
If anyone is contemplating getting a clamp then I'd highly recommend it.
I shall think up some hifi waffle to describe it later.

:lol:

Marco
15-04-2011, 16:58
Lol - hope you like it, Mark! Some waffle would be good later (and some pics in situ) :cool:

I got the other one today, too!

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 17:05
I have just encountered a minor problem. At the end of a record the little hinges on my Shure VST V just bounce off the edge of the clamp and it skips slightly accross the lead out groove a tiny bit.
I shall just have to be quick when the record ends.

JazzBones
15-04-2011, 17:11
No reason why not, Mike... What mat are you using on your SP10? The Michell clamp works best on a mat with a totally flat surface, and no ridges, like an Achromat. But it's not a hard and fast rule :)

Marco.

Marco, just turn the Achromat upside down and viola (!) the ridge disappears :eek:

Jazz :cocktail:

Marco
15-04-2011, 17:18
I have just encountered a minor problem. At the end of a record the little hinges on my Shure VST V just bounce off the edge of the clamp and it skips slightly accross the lead out groove a tiny bit.
I shall just have to be quick when the record ends.

Yup - it did that too with my SPU. Like you say, you just have to watch for the record ending.

How are things sounding, and can we see some pics? :)

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 17:36
It's sounding pretty fucking awesome. There is a huge improvement in the way notes start and stop. The bass is very much improved. It goes a bit lower and were it wasn't quite one notey before it is possible to differentiate things a bit better. I expected to hear these improvements with the clamp as it prevents the needle dragging the record a bit. I'd say that any turntable should have a clamp. It sort of makes good sense.
The improvement to my system since I got the DM2a's from Vinylspinner and added your old mat and clamp is fantastic.
I shall have to look at doing something with at least the preamp and maybe power amp soon. The design of the volume control circuit on my LK1 irritates me a bit.
Will dig out my camera in a minute and take some pics.

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 18:30
I wonder if this little itch your experiencing has something to do with why the clamps later became beveled edge!!

Marco
15-04-2011, 18:36
Itch? Sorry, dude, don't getcha.... :scratch:

Could you explain? :)

Mark,

Nice one - for me the effect of the Michell clamp is a no-brainer, so I'm glad it's working as well on your Thorens as it is on my Techy!

Be good to see some pics, when you get a chance :cool:

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 18:38
I think Andre meant that the later clamps had a slopy edge so as not to bounce a cartridge back. I'll stop listening to music in a minute and go and find my camera. It just sounds so nice, though.

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 18:44
Itch? Sorry, dude, don't getcha.... :scratch:

Could you explain? :)

Hi Marco
Yeh as Mark says the hinge catching on his early (Straight edge) clamp, where as the other you won has a beveled edge just like the present, at a guess the beveled edge might avoid Marks hinge catching aswell as your SPU shell.

Marco
15-04-2011, 18:56
Ah, gotcha! I haven't had a proper chance to play with the new clamp yet, so will let you know if that's no longer an issue :)

Marco.

Marco
15-04-2011, 22:45
Having tried it, I can now confirm that the bevelled edge of the later Michell clamp, prevents the cartridge bouncing off it after the end of an album side - it also make records sound wonderful :)

Mark, stop listening to music and get that bloody camera out! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 22:49
Pictures have been taken. Just got to find the bloody cable. Serves me right for having a tidy up. Can't find owt.

Marco
15-04-2011, 22:51
It's lying under the pile of scud mags, just to the left of the cans of Stella.... ;)

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 23:00
That's normally where I keep everything. The parents popped down the other week and I've tidied everything up. Didn't want them finding my 'special interest' collection.
Right, I'll have a last quick shuftie for it and then it's off to bed.
I might have a look for a beveled clamp eventually, but I'm quite happy as it is.

Marco
15-04-2011, 23:04
That clamp you've got is excellent. The only reason I sold it was because you asked nicely, and because I'd spied another one on eBay, so knew I could replace it ;)

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 23:09
I know. I do like it and am most grateful. Found the cable down the side of the chair that I'm sat on:doh: Pics coming up.

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 23:10
Ah, gotcha! I haven't had a proper chance to play with the new clamp yet, so will let you know if that's no longer an issue :)

Marco.

God am i goowd

This is so funny complying to Ding Dongfs original reply but no sence of humour within this place is painfully lackng, i thinl Alex UK & myself are wasted :lolsign:

sV0lKD3KPsc

Marco
15-04-2011, 23:14
So good I'm gonna shag ya big ass! C'mere... :goodfriends: :kiss:

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 23:21
http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/marktb/Hifi/DSCN0717.jpg
http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/marktb/Hifi/DSCN0721.jpg

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/marktb/Hifi/DSCN0722.jpg

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/marktb/Hifi/DSCN0723.jpg
There you go. It's got my spare ADC arm on it at the moment. The 3009 was taken off yesterday and is being fettled.

Marco
15-04-2011, 23:31
Visually, Mark, I think it suits your deck... And sonically, it seems to as well, so you've won a watch :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 23:33
So good I'm gonna shag ya big ass! C'mere... :goodfriends: :kiss:

Marco.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 23:39
Visually, Mark, I think it suits your deck... And sonically, it seems to as well, so you've won a watch :)

Marco.

I think the colour scheme of the arm, the clamp and the deck go together quite well. The 3009 will be back on it shortly. The bearing that that the knife edge sits on wasn't pefect so I got a new one. I rewired it with vdh mss-7 and it made a world of difference. The old wire pretty much fell apart in my hands.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the spunk stain on the side of the deck. Must have been the same bloke that did your 66's.

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 23:42
Whats the arm ADC ALT 1 or summert???

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 23:46
personally Mark i think you ought to shag that Lynn stuff up the arse & get me to build you a propar TD plinth when i get sorted ;)

You got SME on your profile..I'l eat shit & die if thats an SME! ;)

If you'd bothered to read my note at the bottom of the post you'd know it's an ADC, fitted while the SME is having minor surgery.
The Linn is alright for the moment. It got me started again, but will get upgraded eventually. They do ok for £300.

Dingdong
15-04-2011, 23:49
Whats the arm ADC ALT 1 or summert???
It's an LMF-1

Dingdong
19-04-2011, 21:10
http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/marktb/Hifi/DSCN0725.jpg

Here it is with the SME back in action. Sounds bloody good. Problem is that my cdp sounds a bit crap compared with it. I feel some moods coming on.

Marco
19-04-2011, 23:37
Looking good, Mark! I'm not surprised at all about the CDP thing :eyebrows:

Marco.

Thing Fish
20-04-2011, 00:59
I'm surprised you didn't notice the spunk stain on the side of the deck. Must have been the same bloke that did your 66's.

Have you ever thought of writing for the Times...?

Dingdong
20-04-2011, 07:01
Have you ever thought of writing for the Times...?

I haven't in the past, but now you have mentioned it....