PDA

View Full Version : Over Egging

thrunobulaxx
02-02-2008, 18:02
This was in the little supplement in hifi choice.
Jimmy Hughes "top 50 tweaks":rolleyes:

This set up looks familiar,:D under the title " No 14,over egging".:p
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/thrunobulaxx/DSC02554.jpg

seems to me that there is an old telly where an LP12 should be.

snapper
02-02-2008, 18:16
This was in the little supplement in hifi choice.
Jimmy Hughes "top 50 tweaks":rolleyes:

This set up looks familiar,:D

seems to me that there is an old telly where an LP12 should be.

Maybe a Technics,a few more MANA tables and a trap door.

:p

Ashley James
02-02-2008, 19:34
It nonsense like this that has made us all look barking. Is this Jimmy Hughes own system or someone he admires?

Surely no one thinks this is a good idea, the mid drivers need to be at ear level when the listener is seated, or is he on a pile of stands as well?

Lily Munster
02-02-2008, 19:46
Maybe a Technics,a few more MANA tables and a trap door.

:p

You describing my house then, Snapper?

X

Lowrider
03-02-2008, 08:16
But we do get carried away, and exagerate some times... :harp:

sastusbulbas
03-02-2008, 15:52
It nonsense like this that has made us all look barking. Is this Jimmy Hughes own system or someone he admires?

Surely no one thinks this is a good idea, the mid drivers need to be at ear level when the listener is seated, or is he on a pile of stands as well?

I remember that system, have the magazine somewhere.

The system was well recieved by the magazine, it belonged to someone who used active ATC 20 on custom Mana wall brackets, in a small studio kitted out with Mana supports for the electronics, inc a custom table for the mixing desk.

Not sure if they did much listening standing up, but the ATC SCM50 is also designed to be used in sofit mounting as well as on stands, in fact I am sure the frequency balance/dispertion may be better at height soffit mounted.

I myself have lifted my Rogers Studio 1 a little higher with a single pair of sounbases, much to their benefit.

My Kef 107 are 45.9" x 13" x 17.6", Height of Origin of Reference Axis 1020mm (40") above base of cabinet (not including feet). Angle of Reference = 1.5° from horizontal.
I am thinking of sitting these Kef 107 on a single pair of Mana soundstages also, though did myself wonder about the height issue.

My 107 are designed to have the mid above ear height, some other speakers are designed to have the treble at ear height, some the mid and some probably other. One of my friends has his stand mounts on the floor, with bell wire, but that is because him and his wife like the Ikea lifestyle and don't like the look of cables or stands. He still enjoys his music and its false sense of bass though.

Lowrider
03-02-2008, 16:10
Why do we audiophiles always end justifying ourselves... :mad:

No one else does, and people exagerate in all hobbies, not only ours, I am fed-up reading the sarcastic comments on forums, but then, everyone that comes to my house, and listens to my system, drules over the sound, nothing like what they are used to listen to, but yes, they disdain the tweaks...

snapper
11-02-2008, 13:59
You describing my house then, Snapper?

X

Yes. ;)

Someday you will need to open the trap door and let us all into the secret of what is in there.

Maybe it's where all the Junior Munsters live.