PDA

View Full Version : All for One remotes? Something similar?

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 20:32
I have got down to 3 remotes
Bluberry player
Tv
Pre amp
I'd like to be able to change these things with one remote

The hifi is otherwise controlled with the phone

I've had a look at the all for one website an it's littered with bullocks like this

It’s hard to believe that something so shocking beautiful can be so tough. Believe it, because the Protecto really can take a hard life and keep on operating your home entertainment equipment. A work of art in every sense.

I don't care if it's beautiful... Does any one have any real life experience of these things

By the way, I know this isn't a av cable but as this is av and doesn't fit anywhere else i thought it best :)

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 20:34
shocking beautiful

Faulty copy ... Tut tut

Reid Malenfant
02-03-2011, 20:38
Ummm, i have been thinking about this as well Hamish. I think i'm down to just 8 remotes in this system :doh: Not that i use them all, but a nice programamble remote that covers everything would be superb. Touchscreen would be nice to, Philips Pronto springs to mind though but i know diddly squat about it :doh:

So yes, i'm also in the pipeline for a single remote (learning or whatever) that can control my whole system :)

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 21:33
This one looks good for me
http://www.oneforall.com/en_UK/product/1/universal-remotes/3/advanced/176/xsight-lite
Only 6 things ... So you would need 2 ;)
£35 on eBay ...
Nifty looking screen with 3 things that relate directly to my needs (even I you can't change them)

Reid Malenfant
02-03-2011, 21:39
I was just thinking about this & i seriously doubt most RCs will have a setting for a projector & even less of them will have "lens shift" be that horizontal or vertical :doh: Focus might be out of the window as well :(

Well that is unless you could name them/things? I really need to read up on these things now as it's taking the p*ss, i have shelves full of remotes :doh:

After a good few bevvies even 3 or 4 remotes gets damn confusing let me tell you, well you know anyway :eyebrows:

Jonboy
02-03-2011, 21:47
I got a Cheap and chearfull one for £5 in Lidl the other week, i only wanted it for my Onkyo av amp as the proper ones volume is goosed, it does the basics and looks pretty made by Silverline but can't say if it will any good for you, it had a pretty comprehensive code book with it though, Richer sounds have a few i see starting at a tenner

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 21:48
Those philips jobbies look a bit like those old marantz things that you could design your own buttons and layouts and what not .... (At least I think I remember they what they did)

Reid Malenfant
02-03-2011, 21:54
Those philips jobbies look a bit like those old marantz things that you could design your own buttons and layouts and what not .... (At least I think I remember they what they did)
:eyebrows: Yes, if you look at both their old CD recorders you'll see they are one & the same. I'm using a Marantz CD63 remote to control my Krell DT 10 which uses a Philips transport ;)

Philips is Magnavox i think in the USA, but that might just be just one part of it :scratch:

vinylspinner
02-03-2011, 21:55
come on Hamish, ditch the remotes and go back to good old exercise mode and turn down volume etc by hand on the way to the fridge for another cider!!

Are you going to the show on Sunday?

Nigel

vinylspinner
02-03-2011, 21:59
Hi Mark,

My Musical fidelity A5 remote controls my Marantz cd63, but not all functions.

Nigel

Reid Malenfant
02-03-2011, 22:13
Hi Mark,

My Musical fidelity A5 remote controls my Marantz cd63, but not all functions.

Nigel
That's interesting, mine is backwards - i have more functions ;) The Krell remote i received with it though is probably a pre amp remote that can access some stuff & make the transport play etc. Just nothing complex :eyebrows:

My gain i guess :cool:

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 22:19
come on Hamish, ditch the remotes and go back to good old exercise mode and turn down volume etc by hand on the way to the fridge for another cider!!

Are you going to the show on Sunday?

Nigel

I have enough trouble getting up and down changing the side of the record on the bloody record player you made me have ;)

I'm not mate ...
Thought about taking my speakers for Marcos stand mount room ... But I've to much on at the mo ... I want a Sunday off ...
Plus I don't drive so I've have to blag a lift and I'm a bit late for arranging that sort of thing

vinylspinner
02-03-2011, 22:29
Hi Hamish,

Just train the dog or cat to turn the lp over, my moggy love jumping onto the 401!!!

I may be picking up a chap at Bristol on Sunday, could drop by and collect you as well and then go up the A46 to warwick and on to the show, just let me know if interested.

Nigel

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 22:40
I lost an oc9 to a cat ... Let's not go there ;)

It's tempting, thank you for the offer ... I'll have a think on it ... If that's ok? It's up against a hard few weeks without a Hannah cooked Sunday roast you see :)
What time are you going ?

vinylspinner
02-03-2011, 22:47
Not decided yet, but I am an early bird, usually up and about by 5.30am so quite easy on times, when does it kick off?

Looking at 1.5 hours from you to the show I reckon.

nigel

Alex_UK
02-03-2011, 23:37
I didn't want flashy, I wanted cheap - this does everything I need: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SRU8008-10-Prestigo-Control/dp/B00186M82I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1299108944&sr=8-7

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 23:37
Would you be going up the m5 past me anyway?

I don't know anything about it to be fair ...
I'd quite like to let a few people hear my speakers to be fair

Alex_UK
02-03-2011, 23:39
Would you be going up the m5 past me anyway?

I don't know anything about it to be fair ...
I'd quite like to let a few people hear my speakers to be fair

And to be fair (:eyebrows:), I'd like to meet you and buy you a beer Hamish! :) Go on, you know you want to! :)

The Vinyl Adventure
02-03-2011, 23:45
Well now I feel bad ... Yes that would a fairly big highlight too Alex :)
I am very tempted ...
If we can work out an idea of times etc I'll have a chat with Han bout it... See if we can have roast in the evening ...

Alex_UK
02-03-2011, 23:54
Ignore my emotional blackmail - great if you can make it, but there will be other times if not - although if I was you, and going from experience - I would make the most of it before little Gill surfaces! ;)

Marco
03-03-2011, 01:40
Oh go on, Hamish - you'd love it, I guarantee you. It'll be a right larf in the AoS room. You can have a bloody roast anytime! ;)

Marco.

jtonthebike
08-06-2011, 10:00
I was involved in some CI projects some years ago, and we used Control4 kit along with the usual Crestron & AMX.

The beauty of the above is feedback, pending your device has RS232 (not really likely on a valve amp huh..!) but, it's great gear and really very customisable so you can set macro's to start a sequence to turn your amp on, dac, cd player or whatever else and dim your lights (check out RAKO kit, really well priced and dead easy to program)

Lower down the ladder you have the Philips Pronto which is seriously excellent again, mostly IR, if you are prepared to either pay someone to program it for you or take the learning curve, you can build a nice front end for your remote.

Logitech Harmony, i've used 00's of these over the years and they're dead easy to setup with a rather awful PC + web connection (not sure whether they are mac compatible) but fairly easy to build a decent user interface (the 895 is a decent bit of kit, but has since been superseded)

Even further lower down you have the 'one for all' type things which I loathe, but appreciate they're capable. Just.

Happy to help where I can.

JT

Thing Fish
08-06-2011, 10:34
I have used one of these for quite a while now. Works well and looks good.

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/assets/documents/AP116194CAM1+UserManual.pdf

Techno Commander
08-06-2011, 11:50
http://www.cainesrobotics.com/MVC-003Fsilicone.JPG

jtonthebike
08-06-2011, 11:54
And i've just read about this product: http://thinkflood.com/products/redeye-pro/#technical-specifications

There are of course, other models within the range and, if you have an iPod/iPhone and a spare few quid, I think it's an excellent alternative to the likes of the pronto et al remote.

AlexM
08-06-2011, 12:11
Logitech Harmony 300 or similar would be worth a look.

I have a Logitech Harmony 885 in a drawer somewhere... I'd be willing to part with it at a reasonable price - PM me if you're interested.

Regards,
Alex

Canetoad
08-06-2011, 13:45
I use a Logitech Harmony 555 and it works fine. Takes a while to set up and fine tune though. :)

jantheman
08-06-2011, 18:16
Dunno if this will help...looks quite good
http://www.gear4.com/showcase-unity/